If you have family and friends in India, then learning how to recharge an Indian mobile from the UAE can help you ensure that you’ll be able to keep in touch with them regularly.
With 3.5 million Indians living in the UAE, of which 20% live in Dubai, the need to recharge an Indian mobile from the UAE in the most effective way possible is important to many people.
Given that there are now 6.6 billion mobile phone users in the world, according to Oberlo, mobile phones have become important to the daily life of many.
We don’t only use them to keep in contact with family and friends; we also use them for mobile money transfers and other financial transactions, among other important services.
However, just like the body depends on food to survive, mobile phones depend on airtime and data credit before we can use them to connect with family and friends or carry out financial transactions.
As a UAE resident with family and friends in India (or other countries), you can now recharge mobile phones abroad right from your own phone so they can have the airtime they need to speak with you.
In this article, we will show you how to recharge an Indian mobile from the UAE. We’ll cover:
- Benefits of international mobile recharge
- The cost of international mobile recharge
- How to recharge an Indian mobile from the UAE: A few simple steps
[Are you a UAE resident who wants to recharge the mobile phones of your family and friends abroad? NOW Money provides an easy and cost-effective way for you to do so from the comfort of your phone with just a few clicks. To get this service, speak to your employer about using the NOW Money digital payroll platform to send you your salary so you can receive a free mobile bank account, debit card and mobile recharge services.]
1. Benefits of international mobile recharge
The growth of mobile banking has removed the need for mobile phone users to go outside of their homes or offices to buy physical recharge cards or vouchers.
Now, mobile phone users can recharge their phones online. In India, 50% of mobile phone users now recharge online, according to the Economic Times.
Platforms like NOW Money are further extending the scope of this online/mobile phone recharge service by making it possible for UAE residents to recharge the phones of family and friends in India, among other nations.
Before considering the steps to international mobile recharge, it’s important to highlight some of its benefits:
- Comfort and convenience: By directly recharging the mobile phones of your family and friends, you remove the need for them to go outside to buy physical recharge vouchers/cards. You also remove the need for them to first receive money from you in their bank account before they can then recharge their phones.
- Ease of access: International mobile recharge means you can recharge the phones of your family and friends from anywhere and at any time.
- Easy to repeat recharges: Once you have recharged a particular mobile phone, you can quickly recharge that same number subsequently without having to input or select the number afresh.
- Security and safety: NOW Money uses top-notch security apparatus to ensure the safety of your money and the safe completion of transactions.
- Customer service: You can access NOW Money’s customer service in eight different languages, including Hindi and English. If you ever encounter any problems, you can easily resolve them with the help of a customer service agent who speaks your language.
- Keep a tab on your expenses: International mobile recharge also helps you to keep records of how much you are spending on mobile recharge for your family and friends. This information can be helpful in your financial planning.
2. The cost of international mobile recharge
Even with all these benefits, international mobile recharge on NOW Money does not include any additional cost.
When recharging the phones of your family and friends, the amount of airtime (in Indian rupees) will be converted to AED (at the current NOW Money exchange rate, which is one of the best in the UAE) and deducted from your account balance.
Again, you don’t need to pay any additional cost to enjoy this service.
3. How to recharge an Indian mobile from the UAE: A few simple steps
Recharging an Indian mobile (or any other international mobile) from the UAE through the NOW Money app is very easy.
You can do this in a few simple steps:
- Ensure you have money (AED) in your NOW Money account: Once your employer has been onboarded on the NOW Money digital payroll platform to send you your salary, you can register for a free mobile bank account.
You can receive your salary, bonus, commission, and other payments from your employer through this account. Other people can also send you money directly.
- Go to the mobile recharge section and select international recharge: From the homepage, you can access the “do a mobile recharge” section, from which you’ll select the “international recharge” option.
- Select the contact to recharge and the destination country: Once you are in the international recharge section, you will need to select the number to recharge from your contact list.
You’ll also select the country where the mobile number is operative (India, in this case). The NOW Money app is compatible with various mobile operators in India, including Airtel, Jio, Aircel, BSNL, among others.
- Input the amount to recharge: The next step is to input the amount you want to recharge in the local currency of the recipient (India rupees, in this case). This amount will be converted to its AED equivalent and deducted from your account balance.
- Review and complete transaction: The final step is to review the details of the transaction and then authorise the transfer.
[Do you want an easy, comfortable, and cost-effective way to recharge the mobiles of your family and friends in India (and other countries)? Encourage your employer to sign up for the NOW Money digital payroll platform for smart, flexible, and cost-effective payroll management for the payment of both WPS and non-WPS salary payments.]
- With the high rate of mobile phone penetration, phones have become important to our daily lives.
- We all need airtime to effectively use our mobile phones for communication with family and friends and for financial transactions.
- UAE residents can recharge their own mobile phones and that of their family and friends in India, Pakistan, and other countries.
- Benefits of international mobile recharge include comfort and convenience, ease of access, ease of repeat recharges, security and safety, customer service, and an ability to keep tabs on expenses.